HP Cyber Defense Intern
Join us for a paid internship in the summer of 2020. At HP, we exist to amaze. Through the people we hire, the experiences we enable, the way we treat our customers and each other and ultimately through the technology we create. We aim for excellence through collaboration and believe that by melding the best and the brightest talent, enriched by diverse backgrounds and perspectives of every stripe, we can succeed in understanding what matters the most to our customers and to every individual across society.
Required: Currently enrolled in 4 year degree program, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study, or equivalent experience.
- Performs evidence and data collection, as directed, to support HP threat detection and response practices • Assists with analysis of potential security threats
- Supports others during the course of incident response activities. • Performs routine maintenance and enhancements on HP’s security solutions.
- Assists with HP’s vulnerability and configuration compliance management tools and processes. Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Novice understanding of common IT systems and platforms – e.g., Windows, Linux, etc.
- Novice understanding of networking concepts
Raytheon Vulnerability Researcher Intern (Tech Student-Senior)
Seeking undergraduate and graduate college students for Vulnerability Researcher (VR) internships for the summer of 2020 at Raytheon Technologies Cyber Offensive & Defensive Experts (CODEX) in San Antonio Texas. CODEX’s passion is work that challenges, engages, and empowers real-world mission impact which means our research and development efforts cover the full spectrum of security technologies for computer network operations.
Candidates may play both sides of the fence-developing and defeating advanced new offensive and defensive security techniques. Projects are undertaken on small teams in close coordination with customers to quickly deliver or enhance capabilities. The strongest candidates will have a variety of low-level operating systems experience and cross-platform vulnerability research.
If you’ve discovered a kernel paged pool exploit, modified JIT engines to add your own instrumentation to mitigate entire vulnerability classes, created a heap-based buffer overflow with ASLR/DEP defeats, used solvers to highlight interesting call/dataflow graphs, or created custom hardware emulators… you’ll be right at home in CODEX.
Required Education: Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering related field. GPA of 3.0 is strongly desired.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity-relevant field (e.g. CS, CPE, EE)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell)
- Proficiency in one or more systems programming languages (e.g. C/C++)
- Familiarity with low-level architectures (e.g. x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. (Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance)
- Computer network operations experience (e.g. CTFs, red/blue teams, pentesting)
- Networked communications development (e.g. TCP/UDP sockets, Bluetooth, GSM)
- Reverse engineering experience (e.g. IDA Pro, Ghidra, WinDbg, gdb, objdump)
- Hardware emulation development (e.g. QEMU, Unicorn, Panda, VHDL)
- Cryptographic experience (e.g. implementing AES, side channel attacks)
- Mobile/embedded development (e.g. Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi)
- Active U.S. Government Security Clearance
Our interviews are technical. Come prepared to tell us about your technical background and interests as well as to work through some of our questions on a computer or whiteboard. We hope candidates find our questions to be thought provoking, but we don’t ask brain teasers or tricks. This is a chance to have a dialog with our team, and we hope you will enjoy it! This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 161234
SWBC Cyber Security Intern
SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm. Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Interns will gain practical hands-on experience and training that will provide an opportunity for growth, learning and development within the financial services industry. Internship opportunities will be available in numerous IT departments and will be placed within a specific department based on interest, experience, academic coursework and SWBC’s business need:
- Cyber Security
- Desktop Testing Software
- Basic Web Coding
- SQA Service Desk
- Inventory Release Management
- Monitoring Inventory
- Assists the information security operations team to execute an enterprise-wide security monitoring program and computer security incident response and recovery capability.
- Help with maintaining cyber threat situational awareness of internal and external threats and vulnerabilities through enhanced monitoring capabilities and oversight of systems and processes used to assess security.
- Monitors systems to detect malicious and unauthorized mobile code.
- Learn key technical skills to apply acquired knowledge and assist in problem solving.
- Gain practical, hands on experience that will provide an opportunity for growth.
- Work alongside and shadow team members while expanding your knowledge base with the ability to further develop your skills.
- Must currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security or related field at an accredited university/college. (Expected graduation date of May 2020 or later)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Must be organized and adapt well to change.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have a passion and desire for learning and a proactive energy for getting things done.
- Must display maturity and a high level of professionalism.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing. Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law. SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com . If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.