Founded Cyber Houston in 2016 as a group of civic minded business, government, and cybersecurity leaders with the objective of actively convening Houston-area businesses, government entities and academic institutions to address key cybersecurity issues facing the region and provide Houston’s small to mid-sized businesses with information to make their businesses more resilient and become stronger partners to their enterprise clients. Cyber Houston was recognized as Houston’s first Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO) in Feb 2019.
In 2017, Umesh launched the Houston Cyber Summit as a forum designed for business leaders and executives to build a trusted network and share best practices on how to thrive in an era of cyber-attacks, protect and reinforce their business, and invest in a proactive cyber security strategy that aligns with the business strategy.
In 2014, Umesh contributed in Reneka Digital, a premiere B2B digital marketing company specializing in enterprise-grade SAAS solutions, websites, mobile apps and social media campaigns. Today, Reneka Digital is one of Houston’s fastest growing woman-owned companies.
Over the past 30 years, Umesh has built BLUE LANCE into a global provider of Cybersecurity software automation tools for assurance, audit and compliance reporting on access controls and information access. Banks, corporations, health care organizations, education institutions, retail outlets and government agencies use Blue Lance’s software solutions globally.
- -Board Member of the Greater Houston HealthConnect (GHH). Chair – Risk & Privacy Committee
- -Chairman-elect, American Diabetes Association National Board of Directors
- -2017 Chairman of the Board of The Center for Houston’s Future
- -Served on the boards of the Greater Houston Partnership and Houston Technology Center. Chair – Cybersecurity Task Force
- -Executive Committee member of Cities Changing Diabetes
- -Advisory Board Member, University of Houston College of Technology
- -Advisory Board Member, Houston Baptist University, College of Engineering
- -Worked closely with former Mayor White’s office and city officials and led Houston’s Community WiFi Initiative
- -Launched Softec International, an off-shore software development and export facility in Mumbai, -India. Later successfully sold it to Novell India
- -Early career at Brown & Root and Shell Oil
- -Finance & Accounting Certificate, Rice University; B.S. Chem Engineering, University of Houston