Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- New Twists on Gift-Card Scams Flourish on Black Fridayby Elizabeth Montalbano on November 25, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Fake merchandise and crypto jacking are among the new ways cybercriminals will try to defraud people flocking online for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- 9.3M+ Androids Running ‘Malicious’ Games from Huawei AppGalleryby Lisa Vaas on November 24, 2021 at 5:28 pm
A new trojan called Android.Cynos.7.origin, designed to collect Android users’ device data and phone numbers, was found in 190 games installed on over 9M Android devices.
- GoDaddy Breach Widens to Include Reseller Subsidiariesby Tara Seals on November 24, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Customers of several brands that resell GoDaddy Managed WordPress have also been caught up in the big breach, in which millions of emails, passwords and more were stolen.
- Apple’s NSO Group Lawsuit Amps Up Pressure on Pegasus Spyware-Makerby Tara Seals on November 24, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Just weeks after a judge ruled that NSO Group did not have immunity in a suit brought by Facebook subsidiary WhatsApp, Apple is adding significant weight to the company's woes.
- Attackers Actively Target Windows Installer Zero-Dayby Elizabeth Montalbano on November 24, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Researcher discovered a “more powerful” variant of an elevation-of-privilege flaw for which Microsoft released a botched patch earlier this month.