Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- Top Illicit Carding Marketplace UniCC Abruptly Shuts Down by Becky Bracken on January 14, 2022 at 5:31 pm
UniCC controlled 30 percent of the stolen payment-card data market; leaving analysts eyeing what’s next.
- Real Big Phish: Mobile Phishing & Managing User Fallibilityby Daniel Spicer on January 14, 2022 at 4:43 pm
Phishing is more successful than ever. Daniel Spicer, CSO of Ivanti, discusses emerging trends in phishing, and using zero-trust security to patch the human vulnerabilities underpinning the spike.
- Critical Cisco Contact Center Bug Threatens Customer-Service Havocby Tara Seals on January 14, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Attackers could access and modify agent resources, telephone queues and other customer-service systems – and access personal information on companies’ customers.
- ‘Be Afraid:’ Massive Cyberattack Downs Ukrainian Gov’t Sitesby Lisa Vaas on January 14, 2022 at 4:06 pm
As Moscow moves troops and threatens military action, about 70 Ukrainian government sites were hit. “Be afraid” was scrawled on the Foreign Ministry site.
- Russian Security Takes Down REvil Ransomware Gangby Tara Seals on January 14, 2022 at 2:45 pm
The country's FSB said that it raided gang hideouts; seized currency, cars and personnel; and neutralized REvil's infrastructure.