Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- Discord CDN and API Abuses Drive Wave of Malware Detectionsby Becky Bracken on July 23, 2021 at 9:52 pm
Targets of Discord malware expand far beyond gamers.
- 5 Steps to Improving Ransomware Resiliencyby Alex Restrepo on July 23, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Alex Restrepo, cybersecurity researcher at Veritas, lays out the key concepts that organizations should be paying attention to now and implementing today.
- FIN7’s Liquor Lure Compromises Law Firm with Backdoorby Tara Seals on July 23, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Using a lure relating to a lawsuit against the owner of Jack Daniels whiskey, the cybergang launched a campaign that may be bent on ransomware deployment.
- Kaseya Obtains Universal Decryptor for REvil Ransomwareby Tara Seals on July 23, 2021 at 12:21 pm
The vendor will work with customers affected by the early July spate of ransomware attacks to unlock files; it's unclear if the ransom was paid.
- FBI: Cybercriminals Eyeing Broadcast Disruption at Tokyo Olympicsby Becky Bracken on July 22, 2021 at 9:15 pm
Expected cyberattacks on Tokyo Olympics likely include attempts to hijack video feeds, the Feds warn.